Agaricus blazei murril
More than 10 available
Shipping: United Kingdom: free (more destinations)
Condition: Brand new
*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
120 capsules, each 300 mg Agaricus blazei murril, also known as Cogumelo do Sol, Cogumelo de Deus and Himematsutake.
Agaricus Blazei Murrill is a newly discovered species of mushroom that is attracting the attention of many scientists in the world now. Agaricus Blazei Murrill is a carcinostatic food that improves the immunity function of human body Through the joint research by Mie University medical school, Kobe University faculty of agriculture and Iwade Fungology Institute, it was announced at various academic meeting that Agaricus Blazei Murrill (Iwaide's 101 strains) has anticancer effect against implanted solid cancer, ascites cancer and cancer induced by carcinogenic chemicals on test animals and various other medical effects including inhibition of hepatopathy induced by carbon quadrichloride, decholesterolization, reduction of serum lipid, activation of the third component in complement system and interferon induction. It was also found out through recent study that it activates helper-T lymphocyte, controls immunity system, activates macrophage, activates the function of cell membrane skin system and accelerates enterokinesia against gallbladder cancer. Furthermore, it has been proven that it has antiallergy effect and accelerates cardiac movement.
Agaricus Blazei Murrill is a newly discovered species of mushroom that is attracting the attention of many scientists in the world now. Artificial cultivation of this Brazilian mushroom was achieved for the first time in the world by Iwaide Fungology Institute (founder: Dr. Inosuke Iwaide, a professor at Tokyo University and Mie University) after many trials and errors. This mushroom was presented by professors Hitoshi Ito, Keishiro Shimura and Sensuke Naruse of mushroom research group at Mie University medical school as a highlight at the "the 39th General Meeting of Japanese Cancer Academy" in 1980. Agaricus Blazei Murrill is a carcinostatic food that improves the immunity function of human body Through the joint research by Mie University medical school, Kobe University faculty of agriculture and Iwade Fungology Institute, it was announced at various academic meeting that Agaricus Blazei Murrill (Iwaide's 101 strains) has anticancer effect against implanted solid cancer, ascites cancer and cancer induced by carcinogenic chemicals on test animals and various other medical effects including inhibition of hepatopathy induced by carbon quadrichloride, decholesterolization, reduction of serum lipid, activation of the third component in complement system and interferon induction. It was also found out through recent study that it activates helper-T lymphocyte, controls immunity system, activates macrophage, activates the function of cell membrane skin system and accelerates enterokinesia against gallbladder cancer. Furthermore, it has been proven that it has antiallergy effect and accelerates cardiac movement.
1. The surprising anticancer effect of Agaricus Blazei Murrill When carcinoma cells called "Sarcoma 180" is transplanted to subcutis of 5 - 6 week old mice, the carcinoma cells proliferate into a big tumor (cancer) and most of such mice will die within 4-5 weeks. After transplanting carcinoma cells and making sure that they are settled, certain solutions containing physiological saline and polysaccharides of various fungi including Agaricus Blazei Murrill were administered to the mice daily for 10 days, starting from 24 hours after transplanting. The size of cancer and proliferation impediment rate was periodically monitored and compared to control group of mice, to which only physiological saline was administered. Observation was continued for 60 days with different fungus used for the solution, and anticancer effect of each mushroom was determined by comparing the number of mice from which the cancer completely disappeared. From the result shown in "Table 1: Complete Disappearance of Cancer", Agaricus Blazei Murrill has demonstrated eminent anticancer activity with its complete disappearance rate of 87.5% and cancer impediment rate of 93.6% through administration of 10mg of polysaccharide per 1kg of mouse body weight.
2. Discovery of anticancer active components of Agaricus Blazei Murrill Six kinds of high polymer polysaccharides have been found as carcinostatic active components of Agaricus Blazei Murrill (see Table 2). FIII-2-b (complex of b-(1-6)àD-glycan and protein) and RNA (nucleic acid) complex showed a remarkable anticancer activity. These substances were confirmed as anticancer active components obtained from the mushroom.
3. Carcinostatic polysaccharides obtained from cultured mycelium and filtrate of Agaricus Blazei Murrill Many kinds of carcinostatic polysaccharides (Polysaccharides are also referred to as glycans. A glycan is a high polymer sugar containing many interconnected simple sugars such as glucose or xylose.) are contained in the fruit body (mushroom body) of Agaricus Blazei Murrill. On the other hand, carcinostatic polysaccharides can also be obtained from the mycelium of Agaricus Blazei Murrill.
4.Cancer prevention effects observed through animal experiments Cancer proliferation inhibition effect of Agaricus Blazei Murrill is confirmed through experiments with mice. Administration of antioncogenous polysaccharide originated from Agaricus Blazei Murrill to the subject mice was started from 10 days before cancer transplanting. Then "Sarcoma 180" solid cancer was transplanted to subcutis of the mice 24 hours after the final administration. After the transplantation, polysaccharide was not administered to the mice. Physiological salt solution was administered and the same cancer was transplanted to another group of mice for comparison. Anticancer effect was judged by comparison of tumor inhibition, complete disappearance and survival rates. From the result shown in Table 3, complete disappearance was observed in 5 cases out of 10 for the group of mice that received 10mg/kg and in 7 cases out of 10 for the group which received 20mg/kg. Tumor impediment rate was 64.1%, 79.6% and 94.2% for the group that received 5mg/kg, 10mg/kg and 20mg/kg respectively. Thus, anticancer effect was confirmed and it is dependent on the amount of polysaccharide.
5. Agaricus Blazei Murrill is also effective against cancer induced by chemical carcinogen It is said that more than 80% of human cancer is caused by chemical substances in the environment. Neutral polysaccharides (b-D-glycan, xyloglycan), acid hetero-polysaccharide (uronyde, a kind of galactoglycan), proteinic polysaccharide (peptide glycan) and nucleic acid elements (ribonucleotide protein) are the components of Agaricus Blazei Murrill enabling anticancer activity. Fibroblastemic sarcoma (cancer) induced by chemical carcinogen called methylcholanthrene was transplanted to subcutis of mice. FIII-2-b originated from Agaricus Blazei Murrill (complex of b-D-glycan and protein), 5-FU (fluorouracil) and ATOM (mycelium polysaccharide obtained from Agaricus Blazei Murrill) were administered to the mice from 24 hours after the transplantation in order to examine the anticancer effect. From the result shown in Figure 2, it is observed that FIII-2-b and 5-FU inhibits the proliferation of cancer independently.
6. Agaricus Blazei Murrill is effective against naturally generated adenocarcinoma of mammary gland
7. Steroid content of Agaricus Blazei Murrill inhibits proliferation of uterocervical cancer cell that originated in human body Agaricus Blazei Murrill's inhibition system inhibits, destroys and stops proliferation or metastasis of carcinoma cell by activating and reinforcing the self-defense system naturally endowed to the host, i.e. immunity function. This function can be divided into specific and non-specific immunity. Typically, immunity function is exercised by lymphocyte (T- and B-lymphocyte) that exists in the blood, antibody (globulin), complement, macrophage (a serum protein enzyme that plays an important role in bacteriolysis, phagocytosis and immune cytolysis, activated by various antigen-antibody reaction), leukocyte, etc. In addition to various polysaccharides which shows anticancer activity by strengthening the immunity function, Agaricus Blazei Murrill contains steroids that directly affect carcinoma cells and inhibit cancer proliferation in the manner similar to that of typical chemotherapeutic medicines. Three out of six kinds of steroids dissociated from the acetone extract of Agaricus Blazei Murrill were found to have inhibition effect against the proliferation of carcinoma cell in a test tube.
8. Concomitant use of Agaricus Blazei Murrill and anticancer medicine results in synergistic effect Krestin (PS-K) extracted from trametes versicolor, a mushroom of polyporaceae family and letinan made of polysaccharide extracted from lentinula edodes are clinically used as medicines for immunotherapy. These medicines are said to be more effective when used with other anticancer (chemotherapeutic) medicines. Concomitant use of polysaccharide extracted from the mycelium of Agaricus Blazei Murrill (ATOM) and other anticancer medicines was examined using Sarcoma 180 solid cancer. Starting from 24 hours after transplantation of the cancer, ATOM was administered to the mice in the abdomen for 10 consecutive days and other anticancer medicines were administered by injection 3 times a week, for 2 weeks. As shown in Table 5, through concomitant use with ATOM, it resulted in 4.8 times for mitomycin, 6.8 times for endoxan, 2.1 times for cytosine arabinosid and 6.3 times for fluorouracil synergistic effect compared to single use of respective anticancer medicine. The data suggests that the immunity activation effect of polysaccharide from Agaricus Blazei Murrill increases the anticancer activity of other medicines and more effective extermination of cancer can be expected by impeding the proliferation of carcinoma cell through concomitant use.
9. Agaricus Blazei Murrill enhances the cancer treatment effect of radiotherapy Radiotherapy is a popular cancer treatment method, but it also has a disadvantage of attacking normal cells as well as carcinoma cells. NFT (Nakahara-Fukuoka Tumor) is a fiber sarcoma that naturally generated in the subcutis of mice. This sarcoma was named after the doctors Kazuro Nakahara and Fumiko Fukuoka at National Cancer Center of Japan who discovered it in 1949. Administration of ATOM does not produce anticancer effect against this tumor. When it is administered twice with a week's interval to NFT cells that received X-ray irradiation of 1500R, the mortality of mice drops, but the tumor does not disappear completely. However, it was confirmed that through concomitant use of Agaricus Blazei Murrill polysaccharide (ATOM) and radiotherapy, the tumor in 40 - 50% of the mouse disappears completely. As to Shionogi 42 cancer, when AST cells were administered of ATOM twice with a week's interval after receiving X-ray irradiation of 1500R (this amount was found to be appropriate through preliminary experiments), complete disappearance rate increased and mortality remarkably dropped. Thus, synergistic anticancer effect through concomitant use of Agaricus Blazei Murrill and radiotherapy was confirmed in animal experiments. This mushroom plays an important clinical role when used with radiotherapy as well as anticancer medicines. Furthermore, the synergistic effect of ATOM and radiotherapy was found to be more effective to female mice than male mice, as shown in Table 6. Considering the similarity between mice and human being in the aspects of life span difference between men and women, the data is very interesting because it may be suggested that the same is true for human being.
11. Agaricus Blazei Murrill helps recovery from the inhibition of reticuloendothelial system function caused by anticancer medicines Popular clinical anticancer medicines such as mitomycin C (MMC), fluorouracil (5-FU) and cyclophosphamide (CY) are known to more or less inhibit the reticuloendothelial system function. In a study made under the condition of Ehrlich ascites and gallbladder cancer, whereas K-value of the subject group is 100, the K-value was significantly inhibited to 57% for group administered with 1mg/kg of MMC, 60% for 20mg/kg of CY and 72% for 30mg/kg of 5-FU (see Figure 4). At the same time, ATOM was found to prevent the said inhibition of the reticuloendothelial system function caused by anticancer medicine administration. Thus, the concomitant use of ATOM and anticancer medicine reduces the side effect caused by the anticancer medicine and improves the treatment effect.
12. Agaricus Blazei Murrill stimulates the immunocompetent cells, improves the immunity function and stops the activity of cancer Figure 5 is the result of study made under gallbladder cancer condition with weak immunity function to see whether Agaricus Blazei Murrill shows an action to help the recovery of the immunity function. When the polysaccharide extracted from Agaricus Blazei Murrill was administered, the level of Thy1 and 2 positive cells (marker of all T-cells), L3T4 positive cells (marker of helper/inducer T-cells) and Asisalo GM1 positive cells (marker for natural killer cells and activated macrophage) significantly increased. From this result, it can be observed that Agaricus Blazei Murrill prevents carcinoma cell activities by strengthening the helper T-cells (commanders of immunity system) and cooperating with macrophage and natural killer cells (guards and soldiers).
13. Agaricus Blazei Murrill is also effective against ascites cancer Polysaccharides extracted from mushrooms of polyporaceae family are generally effective against sarcoma 180 solid cancer. But it is said that this effect cannot be expected against ascites cancer where the growth of cancer is slow (they are scattered and floating under the peritoneum) such as Ehrlich ascites cancer. When ascites cancer is transplanted, all subjects die from it within 2 weeks. Animals are considered to die from fast growth of ascites cancer cells while the polysaccharides cannot improve the cancer inhibition function of immune system in time. However, there are data (Table 7) to show the effectiveness of Agaricus Blazei Murrill in animal experiments with ascites cancer, for which the same effect could not be expected by using traditional immunoactivating medicines.
14. Agaricus Blazei Murrill's lipid section is also anticancer active In addition to Agaricus Blazei Murrill's various polysaccharide section, its lipid section was also found to have anticancer effect. As shown in Figure 6, a group of mice (10 subjects) transplanted of ascites cancer survived only 15.0 days as an average. But another group administered with 150mg/kg of lipid section of Agaricus Blazei Murrill survived 19.7 days and with 300mg/kg survived 30.6 days as an average. The cancer on 2 subjects out of 10 had completely disappeared. Thus, the lipid section was confirmed to be anticancer active against Ehrlich ascites cancer.
15. Agaricus Blazei Murrill activates macrophage Agaricus Blazei Murrill contains 3.6 % of lipid, of which 26.8% is neutral lipid and 73.2% is phospholipid. So phospholipid is the primary part of the mushroom's lipid. The lipid can be decomposed into linolic, palmitic, oleic and palmitoleic acids, each of which is observed to be anticancer active against ascites cancer.
16. Agaricus Blazei Murrill proved to be more effective against ascites cancer than other anticancer medicines
17. Agaricus Blazei Murrill activates reticuloendothelial system function.
18. Agaricus Blazei Murrill can be a solution to allergic diseases without fear of side effects
19. Clinical data confirms that Agaricus Blazei Murrill improves hepatic function
20. Agaricus Blazei Murrill's immunopotentiation effect strongly supports pancreas