First issued in 1938 and discontinued in 1960, this is a TS&T Lu-Ray platter in the Empire shape in the Persian cream color. This beautiful pattern was named after the colorful Luray Caverns of Virginia.
The Taylor, Smith & Taylor Pottery was founded in 1899 by C. A. Smith and Col. John N. Taylor. The firm remained under the Smith ownership and management until early 1973 when the plant was purchased by Anchor Hocking Corporation to become the foundation of its Pottery Division. TS&T closed in 1981.
• Dimensions: Approx. 13.25" long, 9.675" wide
• Condition: Great vintage condition. No chips, Cracks or hairlines
• Markings: T.S.&T. Lu-Ray Pastels, U.S.A, 11. 50 [This backstamp dates this piece to 1950]