The UM232R module is a USB - Serial UART (TTL) development module for the FT232R IC device. The UM232R is supplied on a PCB designed to fit a 24 pin DIP socket, and provides access to all UART and CBUS interface pins of the FT232R device. Device detected by Windows as standard USB COM port.
The UM232R can be configured as either USB bus-powered or self-powered and also supports 5V or 3V level interface IOs via two sets of jumper setting pins. Full hardware handshaking is supported and the UM232R can communicate at up to 3MBaud at TTL/CMOS levels.
Ideal for rapid prototyping and development of FT232R designs, an attractive quantity discount structure also makes this module suitable for incorporation into low/medium volume finished product designs.
The UM232R plugs into a standard 24-pin 0.6in wide DIP socket.
Ideal for use with AVR, PIC and other types of controllers.
• USB Industrial Control
• USB to RS232 / RS422 / RS485 Converters
• Upgrading Legacy Peripherals to USB
• Cellular and Cordless Phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces
• Interfacing MCU / PLD / FPGA based designs to USB
• USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
• PDA to USB data transfer
• USB Smart Card Readers
• USB Instrumentation
VIRTUAL COM PORT DRIVERS for :
• Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, Server 2003, XP.
• Windows Vista / Longhorn*
• Windows XP 64-bit.*
• Windows XP Embedded.
• Windows CE.NET 4.2 & 5.0
• MAC OS 8 / 9, OS-X
• Linux 2.4 and greater
The FT232RL adds two new functions compared with its predecessors, effectively making it a “3-in-1” chip for some application areas. The internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out of the device and used to drive a microcontroller or external logic. A unique number (the FTDIChip-ID™) is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle which can be used to protect customer application software from being copied.
Shipping & Handling :
- Item will be shipped from Ukraine (EUROPE) with Airmail in 1-2 days (cost of shipping included in item price - no additional payment for you)
2) Bank transfer (bank account in Germany)
4) Money Order
5) Personal Check
6) all credit cards via Google checkout