Divided Back Vintage Postcard in Good, Posted 1916 Condtiion. This post card was published by the B.S. Reynolds Company of Washington, DC.
Back of Card:
The White House has been the home of the Presidents from the time of John Adams to the present. Washington selected the site, laid the corner-stone in 1792 and with his wife inspected the finishedf building in 1799. The building is of Virginia freestone. After the house had been fired by British troops in 1814, and only the walls were left standing, the restored exterior was painted white to obliterate the marks of the fire.
Genealogists and those interested in Genealogy, Card addressed to:
Mr. Charles H. Gurnry
54 Pitman St.
Providence, Rhode Island
About Our Postcards
all items we sell come from a non-smoking home and are stored with loving care until they can be sent to their new owners. Individual cards are mailed in a protective archival rigid post card sleeve; multiple cards are mailed in a protective post card album with archival pages.
We accept returns if notified within 14 days of receipt of the item. The item must be returned in the same condition as when shipped.