The "Bahadur"in nepali refer to brave .The knife is design to carry out different type of military and domestic function.9"blade is made of highly graded carbon steel with balance temper on the edge so its very strong .The 5" Handle is flat full tang. Unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). Two buffalo horn pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with two metal rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle .scabbard is made of cotton wood hide in water buffalo leather .This knife can be used to cut wood, firewood, clearing bushes, cutting meat, bone etc. ??
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 9.00Inches (22.68cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel Highly-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) handle made of buffalo horn.
* Overall Length: 14.00 inches (35.56cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.32lbs or 21.16Oz (600 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal