Show Business Illustrated Magazine dated October 3, 1961 with President and Jacqueline Kennedy and Jack Paar on the front cover.
Here's what's inside...
- Showbill: Backstage with our contributors
- News and Reviews: Commentary and criticism
- Our Man: In New York, Hollywood, Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami, Dallas, Copenhagen
- Listings and Ratings: What's on, where and how good is it?
- Presidential Preferences: White House tastes in the arts by Walter T. Ridder
- Little Me: Continuing the tale of Belle Poitrine by Patrick Dennis
- Actors at the Easel: Performers in grease paint display their talents in oils
- Sneak Preview: "King of Kings" with Jeffrey Hunter and Siobhan McKenna
- Cynic with Illusions: The warring worlds of Ingmar Bergman by Jerry Tallmer
- Candid Conversation: Mae West discusses sex, Elvis and General MacArthur
- The Explainers: Scenes from the new stage satire by cartoonist Jules Feiffer
- Showstopper: Helen Morgan creates a memorable moment in "Showboat"
- The Paar Phenomenon: Part 1 of a dissection of an enigma by Roger Kahn
- The Sacred Cows of TV: Beating the bushes for "performers" by William K. Zinsser
- The Goose Route: Cynthia Lindsay's script about Mother becomes a vehicle for a chimp
- The News Comes of Age: David Brinkley writes about the growing pains of TV reporting
- Ziegfeld of the Night Clubs: Barry Ashton's lavish shows by Richard Warren Lewis
- Ah, Elmo's: A chronicle of cafe society's carryings-on at El Morocco by Leonard Lyons
- Meet Mr. Carnival: Carl Sedimayr rules Royal American's realm by Bernard Asbell
- Waukegan's Gift to Carnegie Hall: Jack Benny fiddles with the masterworks
- Showbiz Quiz: Which back belongs to which star?
- Show Business Beauty: Yvonne Craig, casting directors' ping-pong ball
- Anything for a Laugh: Phyllis Diller writes her own obituary
- New Faces: George Kirby threw a monkey off his back to make a new bid for success
- Show Business Scrapbook: A nostalgic look at the scene 25 and 50 years ago
Black & white and color photos. 100 pages. (Code 9-17)
Good quality used magazine save minor handling bends; very minor soiling; minor edge and cover wear; some paper loss at bottom left corner of front cover; small surface tear from a previous price tag upper left corner of front cover; centerfold page is loose from the magazine; mild paper discoloration; a couple of tiny dog-ears; magazine is complete.
PayPal or international money order accepted. Item is promptly shipped on receipt of payment.