Share Your High-Speed Internet Connection Throughout Your Home or Office
Think of the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch as a kind of �splitter� for your Internet connection. Just connect your DSL or Cable Modem to the Router, and all the computers in your household can share the Internet�all at the same time. The built-in 4-port switch lets you attach four local PCs directly, or daisy-chain out to more hubs and switches as your network grows.
Once your computers are connected to the Internet through the Router, they can communicate with each other too, sharing resources and files. All your computers can print on a shared printer connected anywhere in the house. And you can share all kinds of files between computers�music, digital pictures, and other documents. Keep all your digital music on one computer, and listen to it anywhere in the house. Organize all of your family�s digital pictures in one place, to simplify finding the ones you want, and ease backup to CD-R. Play head-to-head computer games within the household, or against Internet opponents. Utilize extra free space on one computer when another�s hard drive starts to fill up.
It�s all easier than you think�the included Setup Wizard takes you through configuring the Router, step by step. The Router can act as a DHCP server for your network, so your PCs are configured automatically. Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP) lets specialized Internet applications configure the Router so you don�t have to. Built-in NAT technology helps you protect your family while the Router helps keep intruders out of your computers. Advanced users can set up QoS prioritization based on port or service type.
With the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch at the heart of your home network, you don�t need to be a networking genius to share printers, files, and your high-speed Internet connection.
* Supports Universal Plug-and-Play for Easy Configuration
* QoS prioritization based on port or service type
* Supports IPSec and PPTP Passthrough
* Administer and Upgrade the Router Remotely over the Internet
* Configurable as a DHCP Server on Your Network
* Advanced Security Management Function for Port Filtering, MAC Address Filtering, and DMZ Hosting
* Automatically Detects Straight or Cross-over Cable
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Broadband connection and Cable/DSL modem
* TCP/IP Protocol
* CD-ROM Drive
* Internet Explorer 5.0 or Netscape 6 for web-based configuration
* Network adapter
* Network cable