Fully up to date, this 3rd Edition provides a clinically oriented, full-color illustrated review of all aspects of sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including HIV and AIDS. A respected group of international experts presents in-depth discussions on the epidemiology and clinical manifestations of each infection, the tests available to reach a definitive diagnosis, therapeutic options, treatment guidelines, prevention strategies, and management of complications.
* Reviews every known STD in detail.
* Presents full-color illustrations of the clinical manifestations of infections.
* Provides guidance on which diagnostic tests to employ for each infection.
* Discusses the most up-to-date information on antimicrobial susceptibility testing for gonorrhea.
* Includes appendices on the selection and evaluation of diagnostic tests, quality control, and test technologies.
* Offers a consistent layout throughout for easy referencing between chapters.
* Features expanded coverage of HIV, AIDS, and human papilloma virus (HPV) infections, including the latest treatment options.
* Includes the most current diagnostic tests, particularly nucleic and acid-based tests.
* Presents fully updated sections on the genomes of infections, pathogenesis, and host responses to infections.
* Offers developing world perspectives on AIDS.
* Features over 1,100 full-color illustrations, including all-new line drawings.