CONDITION: New - Mint - Never Opened / Never Played
Great for gift giving because it's factory sealed!
This is a 4 CD set that features over 5 hours of music from various “Pops” orchestras from around the USA. The 80 tracks found here showcase popular favorites, Hollywood movie themes, Broadway show tunes, romantic ballads, waltzes, and sing-along standards that you are sure to recognize. (Please see full track list below).
Orchestra conductors include the original bandmaster, Arthur Fieldler; plus John Williams, Charles Gerhardt and Skitch Henderson - with Peter Nero and Doc Severinson as featured performers on a host of tracks.
What's unique about this collection? You get more than just the original Boston Pops Orchestra. You get the New York Pops and the National Pops as well. Plus so much more, as you and your friends are treated to selections from Irving Berlin, George Gershwin and special guest appearances from star vocalist like Patti Page, Roy Clark, Frankie Lane, Chet Atkins and Mel Torme.
This set sounds great on a powerful stereo system. You’ll feel the thunderous presence of a full-sized orchestra as though they were sitting in your living room. But this set is also magical to play outdoors, under the stars, as the cooling summer breezes bring relief to the remnants of a hot day. Try it with a blanket, a bottle of wine, and special friends!
This CD set is out-of-print and hard-to-find. It retailed for over 50$ when it was first offered by Reader’s Digest. Here at Old Friends, you have an opportunity to add this factory-sealed set to your music library for substantially less. And remember, the purchase price includes free shipping in the US. Enjoy!
Comes with a 32 page program notes booklet.
CONDITION: Mint condition, factory sealed, never opened, never played. (see scans above).
Note: The gold strip you see in the scan is part of the outer shrink-wrap; it makes it easier to open the set for the first time.
SHIPPING USA: FREE in the USA by USPS Media Mail.
SHIPPING UK, AUSTRALIA & CANADA: Please click the “More Destinations” link above to see the cost of First Class Mail International delivery to your country. Note: Import Duties Taxes and Charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying. Thanks!
TO PURCHASE: Just click on the BUY NOW button above to add this unique and hard-to-find collection to your shopping cart. Google Wallet is eCrater's default payment vendor, but if you prefer to use Paypal, USPS money order or US personal check just choose “Alternative Payment”, fill in the initial contact information and proceed to your payment choice. You can cancel any time before confirming your payment. - If an item is listed as ON HOLD, it means it's out of stock. Please email us and we can let you know if we expect to list it again.
AN EVENING WITH THE GREAT POPS ORCHESTRAS
Reader's Digest Music - 1999
- Arthur Fiedler and The Boston Pops -
An Evening with Gershwin (featuring Peter Nero, piano)
1. Embraceable You
2. Love Is Here to Stay
3. I Got Rhythm
4. The Man I Love
5. They Can't Take That Away from Me
6. Rhapsody in Blue
Waltzing with the Pops
8. The Merry Widow Waltz
9. Danube Waves
11. Tennessee Waltz (with Chet Atkins, guitar)
12. Somewhere, My Love (Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago)
A Pops Sing-Along
13. America Sings Medley
14. Old Timers Sing-Along
- John Williams and The Boston Pops -
The Pops Plays Pop Favorites
1. Theme from New York, New York
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. Unchained Melody
4. A String of Pearls
5. The Girl from Ipanema
6. Superman: March
7. Ebb Tide (from Sweet Bird of Youth)
8. More (from Mondo Cane)
9. Theme (from A Summer Place)
10. Theme from ET (The Flying Theme)
11. Over the Rainbow
- Erich Kunzel and The Cincinnati Pops -
The Pops Plays Great Romantic Ballads (featuring Doc Severinsen, trumpet)
13. Speak Low
15. The Wind Beneath My Wings
Great Stars Perform with the Pops
16. West Bound and Down/Yesterday, When I Was Young (with Roy Clark, vocal and guitar)
17. High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me) (with Frankie Laine, vocal)
18. (How Much Is That) Doggie in the Window (with Patti Page, vocal)
19. Young at Heart (with Mel Torme, vocal)
20. Happy Trails (with Roy Rogers, vocal)
- Charles Gerhardt and The National Pops -
Some Enchanted Evening
1. Some Enchanted Evening
2. Where or When
3. The Surrey with the Fringe on Top
5. Out of My Dreams
6. Isn't It Romantic?
7. With a Song in My Heart
8. Belle of the Ball
9. The Syncopated Clock
10. A Trumpeter's Lullaby
11. Blue Tango
12. Clarinet Candy
13. Jazz Pizzicato
14. Fiddle Faddle
Holiday for Strings
15. Vilia from The Merry Widow
16. West Side Story: America/Tonight
17. Folk Songs of the British Isles
18. Jamaican Rhumba
19. On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite
20. Autumn Leaves
21. Holiday for Strings
- Skitch Henderson and The New York Pops -
(Broadway Under the Stars - featuring Michael Maguire, tenor)
1. Gershwin Medley
2. The Phantom of the Opera: Overture
3. The Music of the Night
5. Guys and Dolls
6. Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'
7. Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon
8. The Sound of Music
9. If Ever I Would Leave You
10. Give My Regards to Broadway
11. Strange Music
12. Bring Him Home
An Evening with Irving Berlin
13. Alexander's Ragtime Band
14. How Deep Is the Ocean
15. I Love a Piano
17. Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning
18. Heat Wave
19. The Song Is Ended
The Pops Goes Hollywood
20. We Need a Little Christmas
21. Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head
22. On the Street Where You Live
23. Moon River
24. All the Things You Are
Break out the boom-box, some chardonnay , and a patchwork blanket to host your own neighborhood “lawn concert.” There’s nothing more powerful than listening to these grand orchestras performing under the twinkling stars of a breezy summer sky. PS: We’re not responsible for any romantic sparks that might ensue!
Thanks for visiting old friends. Please be sure to check out the rest of our store for other great Reader’s Digest music collections