VOGUE KNITTING INTERNATIONAL
Spring Summer 2001
** COLOR TROPICAL PUNCH * ISLAND ESSENTIALS: BOLD COLORS & BRILLIANT WHITES * OCEAN BLUES * NEUTRALS & NATURALS * DESIGNER RESORT KNITS **
This issue of Vogue Knitting International includes 34 designer patterns, plus a Special Advertising Supplement with four designs from Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc., and a bonus slipcover design in an article on home decorating. There are classic designs with special features, including colorblocked sweaters, sweaters with oodles of cables, eyelets, ribbon embroidery, duplicate stitch embroidery, intarsia and Fair Isle designs – even a leather-laced pullover with matching dog sweater, and a lacy and slightly racy deep V-neck lace top and matching mini skirt. Designers include Mari Lynn Patrick, Vladimir Teriokhin, Rebecca Rosen, Linda Cyr, Catherine Lowe, Gitta Schrade, Kristin Nicholas, Carla Scott, Viola Carol, Norah Gaughan, Gabrielle Hamil, Abigail Liles, DKNY, Joan Vass, Brandon Mably, Kirsten Cowan, Loren Cherensky, and Shirley Paden. The issue also includes corrections to the Winter ‘00/’01 and Fall 2000 issues.
* Spring Fling – Fresh picks from the Tahki-Stacy Charles, Inc., collection (Special Advertising Supplement).
* The Power of Nature – Eco-knits. Create comfortable silhouettes in cool cottons and linens.
* The Great White Way – Resort chic. Island essentials in bright white and fresh cream.
* Color and Light – Think vibrant – infuse your summer wardrobe with the new tropical brights.
* Designer Details – Name-dropping knits from DKNY, Joan Vass, Michael Simon, and OSCAR by Oscar de la Renta.
* Designer Notebook – Part 3 in the series – Designers Mari Lynn Patrick and Lipp Holmfeld model their own design and are interviewed.
* On the Soft side – Ladies’ choice. Polished knits destined to become classics.
* Fun in the Sun – Sexy in the City. Beat the heat in these cool styles.
* Open-Air Delights – Femininity without the frills – charming, delicately detailed tops.
* VK in the UK – A magical mystery tour of Britain’s knitting hot spots.
* VK Home Decorating: Preferring Seating – House Beautiful, by Teva Durham. Showcase your talent with knitted slipcovers.
* VK From the Experts: Meg Swansen On Joining Shoulders - Decorative techniques for knitting shoulders together.
* Stitch Workshop: The Power of Nature – Variations on interior shaping, elongated dropped stitches, and yarn overs, and a discussion of Caring for Natural Yarns.
* Stitch Workshop: Brights and Whites – Tips and techniques for creating dropped stitches, eyelets, and full-fashioning.
CONDITION: Light cover and edge wear, torn bottom corner on front cover, binding is in good condition, inside pages are clean with light wear, no writing or significant damage - in very good used condition.
INCLUDES PATTERNS FOR…
Decorated Sides Camisole
Sleeveless Fringed Shell
Off-the-Shoulder Ribbed Tube Top
Ribbed Boatneck Tunic
Two-Tone Twinset (Tie Top, Ribbed Tank)
Classic Summer Tee
Cabled Cotton Tunic
Chunky Cables Sweater
Summer Fair Isle Sweater
Sleeveless Surplice Top
Oscar de la Renta Shell
Color Blocked Cardigan
Shaped Twin Set
Cables and Eyelet Pullover
Twin Set (Long Boxy Jacket, Sleeveless Shell)
Criss-Cross Straps Tank Top
Lacy V-Neck Top and Skirt
Sleeveless V-Neck Cardigan
Short-Sleeved Button Front Top
Sleeveless Cable Tunic Tank with Funnel Neck
Three-Color Striped Tank
Cardigan and Tank Top Twin Set