The above images are samples. As each piece is unique, the surface pattern will be similar and varies slightly.
Due to Gibeon's high iron content (~90%), it will rust if it is exposed to high humidity constantly. Please note this if you are purchasing Gibeon for the first time. Generally, Gibeon jewelry that are not directly exposed to the elements will not corrode, such as those with clear quartz cover in many of the pendants we have. However, care is needed for those exposed like the beads in this bracelet. If you are residing in humid or hot regions, the Gibeon that is in direct contact with your skin will rust over time. This is not the case if you are staying in a cool climate or only use them during cooler seasons.
- Store your Gibeon jewelry in a dry box or a jewelry box with moisture absorbent (eg: silicon beads).
- Avoid washing directly or bathing with your Gibeon jewelry.
In any case, if your Gibeon bracelet has rusted, you can send them back to us for re-plating for a minimal fee of $30 per bracelet, regardless of size. We use a proprietary technology to plate etched Gibeon jewelry, which retains its unique surface pattern; please avoid using conventional plating methods.
Gibeon, or Iron-Nickel Meteorites are stones of extraterrestrial origin that have survived the fall through Earth's atmosphere, during which outer space objects entering the Earth would mostly be burnt off due to the tremendous frictional force. Since ancient times, meteorites are regarded as sacred by various civilizations.
Gibeon is identified by its Widmanstätten (criss cross) pattern, which cannot be imitated by modern technology. Due to its high iron content, it rusts easily. As such, jewellers have now incorporated precious metal plating to prevent corrosion.
- Gibeon is a highly conductive channeler, which can stimulate energy flows; perfect for 'chi' blockages.
- Governs the Root (1st), Solar Plexus (3rd), Third Eye (6th) and Crown (7th) chakras.
- Bring emotional balance and prevents one from impulsive tendencies.
- A very grounding stone.
- Aid spiritual development.
- Strengthens the blood and tissues.
- Assists one in building stamina and strength.
How to cleanse it?
By aromatherapy, sun basking, moon basking or crystal cleansing. No water!