The kukri is "named as world war II "because this knife was used during world war period.This kukri is slightly bigger and heavier than the current issue to gurkhas.11"blade is more curved than standard sized kukri ,service no 1. 11" highly polished blade is made of highly graded carbon steel and pouring the balance water temper on the edge so its very strong and sharp. 5.5" rat tail handle is made of Rosewood and highly polished. Beside historical background the kukri is great for use, the blade can be used to cut, firewood, meat bone clearing bushes etc.
The Kukri Specifications:
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 11.00Inches (27.94cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel,highly-polished Blade.
* Handle size: 5.00Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made Rosewood .
* Overall Length: 16.00 inches (40.64cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle .
* Weight: 1.98lbs or 35.27Oz (900 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal
5160 carbon steel for blade,Rosewood for handle and yak leather for scabbard