Velios contains micronized diosmin 1000 mg. Velios increases the venous vascular tension and protects the vessels. Velios is indicated:
– for the treatment of symptoms related to chronic venous circulation insufficiency in adults:
– leg heaviness;
– leg pain;
– nocturnal leg cramps.
– symptomatic treatment, in case of worsening of the ailments associated with hemorrhoids in adults.
The active substance is diosmin. Each film-coated tablet contains 1000 mg micronised diosmin. The other ingredients are: tablet core: cellulose microcrystalline, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, silica colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate; film-coating: polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol 3350, talc, quinoline yellow lake (E104), indigotine lake (E 132), sunset yellow lake (E 110), black iron oxide (E 172).
How to take Velios
- Treatment of chronic venous insufficiency symptoms
The recommended dose is one tablet daily with food.
You must take this medicine for at least a few weeks, before improvement can be expected.
- Treatment of acute haemorrhoidal disease symptoms
The recommended dose is 3 tablets a day for the first 4 days, then 2 tablets daily for the next 3 days.
If the symptoms of your disease get worse or do not improve in seven days, you should consult your doctor.
Do not take more than recommended dose. Velios should be taken with food.
Contents of the pack. Velios are supplied as film-coated tablets. Film-coated tablets are green, oblong, biconvex with a smooth surface,without stains or damaged parts.
Side-effects, precautions and interactions
Do not take Velios
– if you are allergic to Diosminum or any of other ingredients of this medicine
Warnings and precautions
In case of worsening the symptoms of haemorrhoids it should be remembered that Velios treatment is only
symptomatic and should be short-term.
If the symptoms do not disappear, proctological examination should be performed and doctor will decide
about appropriate treatment.
Taking this medicine in symptomatic treatment, in case of worsening of the symptoms with haemorrhoids,
does not preclude concomitant use of medicine administrated rectally.
In case of venous circulation disorders in the lower limbs, the therapeutic effect of Velios may be increased by proper lifestyle:
– avoidance of sun exposure,
– avoidance of standing position for a long time,
– maintaining appropriate weight,
– wearing special stockings.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Store in a dry, dark place, out of the reach of children below 25°C / 77°F.