Armoire English Antique Closets Top Hat Cabinet Drawers Doors Mirrors
* Full-length mirrors
* Long side cabinets for hanging robes, gowns, coats
* Top Hat double-door Cupboard
* Previously Residence--an English Castle
* Can convert to Entertainment Center
* A stunning bedroom piece
* A fabulous gift for any occasion
This is a most unusual--if not unique--rare, and beautifully handsome English Gentleman's or Lady's armoire. It has two side closets, one with a rod, the other with hooks, each of which could be easily fitted with shelves. The doors of the closets have framed, full-length mirrors. There are six wide drawers, of increasing depth. It has one shallow drawer that was used to hold collars. It could be used today for gloves, scarves, or even jewelry. This drawer, along with the other 5 wide and deeper drawers, are in the center section of the armoire. What was originally used as a cabinet for hats is part of the center section and located above the drawers. The two side closets are particularly good for long trousers, gowns or robes. All the fittings and handles are original. Note the inserted silkwood "striping" inlay around the drawers and doors and the Greek-key-like trim at the top. The armoire comes in five pieces: Base, 2 closets, center section, and top, so it is easily moved. It is in excellent condition for its age. There are some scratches but no chips. There is a swatch of paint on the right side towards the back edge but it could easily be removed.(We will leave it to you!) The latches on the closet are in excellent working condition. The drawers move easily. The mirrors are beginning to show their age, which just adds to the charm) but are still in very good condition. The armoire is an absolute decorator's dream in terms of the variety of uses for which it could be used. Shelves could be built in the two side sections; the drawers could be removed and shelves or doors installed. With some imagination, it could definitely serve as an entertainment center. It really is a magnificent piece of antique furniture.
If you are seriously interested in this piece, please email us with your best offer.
* Rich warm walnut with lighter wood inlay
* All drawers are 16 inches deep (front to back) and 31 1/2 inches wide.
* Height of drawers: 4 1/2"; 7" 3/4"; 8 1/8"; 8 5/8"; 8 7/8"; 9 5/8
* Doors are 19 7/8" wide.
* Breaks down into 5 pieces for easier moving
* Greek key-like carving on the border of the top
* Original bronze fittings (no key, however)
* Top cabinet could hold small TV or large bulky items like sweaters, hats, handbags
* Beautiful craftsmanship and detail
* Classic style would be ideal for contemporary, Art Deco, or even Mission environments
* Excellent and dramatic appearance; a decorator's find!
* Condition is very good with some scratches and a removable dab of paint on one side, not visible from front
* Approximate overall measurements are 79" wide x 18" deep x 75" high
* Shipping: PICK UP ONLY
* Additional photos upon request
*Item available for pick up only unless buyer makes own arrangements
Please Google "alpenguin" to find our other shops, booths, and auctions. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll let you kow where else you can find us. You can also find us at www.Squidoo.com/alpenguin and www.Bonanzle.com/alpenguin and www.Bonanzle.com/alpenguin2. We're very easy to find! Please come and visit us!
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com. Watch for our new blog, coming soon, to find out more about alpenguin and our collections to Feather Your Nest!