Jagdgeschwader 101 (JG 101) was a Luftwaffe fighter-training-wing of World War II.
Formed at Werneuchen from Jagdfliegerschule 1, JG 101 was created in December 1942 and were stationed from 27 January 1943 at Pau, southern France. An operational training unit, the Geschwader was never officially deployed in combat, although on 5 March 1944 Jagdgruppe West and JG 101 defended Bergerac, Cognac, and other airfields in south west France against a raid by 8th Air Force B-24s.
On 24 May 1944 Hptm. Scholtz of 1./JG 101 claimed a B-17 shot down. On 15 October 1944 the unit was increased to two gruppen.
The unit operated several training types, including the Gotha 143 and Bucker 131 biplanes and the French-built fighter Dewoitine D.520. JG 101 also operated the first two-seater Bf 109. The G-12 was a modified G-2, with a second seat behind the existing cockpit for the instructor. The two seat Fw 190F-8/U-1 trainer was also employed.
sew on embroidery
top and high quality full embroidered patch
size: approx. 2"(5cm) x 3.5"(9cm)