White crystalline, hygroscopic powder
• Product ID : 100AC23
• CAS : 16674-78-5
• Molecular formula : C4H14MgO8
• MW : 214.45g/mol
• MP : 78-82C
• Solubility : 1.0-1.3kg/L
Magnesium acetate tetrahydrate, Mg(CH3COO)2·4H2O, is an ideal precursor for the synthesis of antimicrobial magnesium fluoride or oxide nanoparticles due to its exceptional solubility in water (1-1.3kg/L) and methanol (5.1-5.3kg/L). It is also routinely used as an intermediate, electrolyte, catalyst and analytical reagent in wet chemistry. In biochemical applications, Mg(CH3COO)2·4H2O is used as source of magnesium ions as a precipitant in protein purification.
Exemplary uses are summarized as follows:
• Non-chloride salting out electrolyte
• MgF2 nanoparticles precursor
• Negative staining ingredient
• Magnesium oxide precursor
• deicer, replacing corrosive chloride salts
• SOx and NOx absorbent
• Precursor for solvated supramolecules such as Mg(OAc)2·(H2O)3·(EtOH), Mg3(OAc)6·2EtOH, etc.