You are buying a box of the Authentic Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet, which is well-known as not only Adhesive Gel Sheet for scar care to the public at large but also a patented technically advanced form of silicone gel sheet for scar care to professionals in medical field.
• You are buying a box of the Authentic High Quality Cica-Care Scar Treatment Silicone Gel Sheet as pictured
• Contains: 1 sheet (size: 12 x 3cm)
• It can be cut to size to fit all scars
• It can reduces appearance of both new and existing red, dark, or raised scars
• Widely used and highly recommended by hospitals, doctors, and dermatologists
• Gets noticeable results in 2 to 4 months after use
• Clinically proven to be effective on scars up to 20 years old
• More comfortable and affordable than laser treatments, surgery, or steroid injections
• Self adhesive silicone gel - no need to worry about tapes or bandages
• Fits on any part of the body, including the face
• Safe use on both children above 2 years old and adults
• Durable, washable and reusable, it can be used day and night
• Each sheet can be washed, dried and reused about 2 dozen times
• Its benefits has been clinically proven in patient trials to be effective in up to 90% of cases by flattening, softening and fading red and raised scars.
• Can work best with not only recent scars but also help reduce the appearance of older scars
• Can be cut to size to fit all scars
• Each cut piece lasts up to 28 days in use, making it a cost effective regime.
• Instructions in English and Chinese version available on the back of the Original printed box
• Always fresh stocks
• Brand New in Original Packaging
• Wonderful treat for yourself or gift idea
• Contents: Contains One (1) Sheet in a box
• Made in England by Smith & Nephew Medical Ltd, England
• Size of each Sheet: about 12cm x 2.5cm or 4.72 inches x 0.98 inches
• Size of Box: about 16.6cm (Length) x 6.1cm (Width) x 1.3cm (Depth) or 6.54” (L) x 2.40” (W) x 0.51” (D)
• Gross Weight: about 23.5g
• Product life: 14 to 28 days
Instructions for Use:
1. Wash your hands completely and gently clean the area around the scar. Make sure that the area is totally dry before you apply the pad
2. Peel the lid from the tray containing the Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet and remove the sheet
3. Cut the sheet to fit the size of the scar. Be sure to a little overlap all the way around. Store the remaining piece of the gel sheet in a dry place
4. Remove the plastic backing covering the adhesive
5. Apply the Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet to the scarred area with the adhesive side down. Do not stretch the strip and do not hold the sheet too tightly to the skin, as this may cause irritation of the scar and the skin around it
6. The Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet should be applied to your scar for 4 hours on the first two days of use. Afterwards, please increase the application time by two hours each day so your skin can acclimate to the strip
7. Clean the Cica-Care twice daily with mild soap. Once cleaned, rinse the silicone gel strip completely
8. Dry the Cica-Care strip with a non-fluffy towel before re-applying to the affected area. Be sure both the scar and the surrounding area are washed at the same time
9. When the Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet begins to wear or cleaning becomes difficult, the sheet should be replaced. This typically occurs every 14 to 28 days depending on use. To get the best noticeable results, the Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet should be used for 2 to 4 months
1. Do not use unless skin surrounding the scar or closed wound is normal.
2. Do not use with ointments or creams under the gel sheet.
3. In some patients a rash has been observed on the scar and surrounding skin. Should a rash occur, reduce Cica-Care therapy time to 12 hours on, 12 hours off. If the rash persists discontinue use and consult your physician or medical advisor.
4. On surgical incisions, use Cica-Care only after sutures have been removed
How does CICA-CARE work?
Research into how CICA-CARE works suggests it may occlude the skin to hydrate the scar area. This means moisture is locked into the skin around the scar. The effect of this may make the scar tissue paler in color.
How soon can CICA-CARE be used after an injury?
CICA-CARE may be used on any old or new closed wounds, including red or raised scars resulting from surgical incisions such as cesarean sections, cosmetic surgery or accidental injury such as burns and cuts. Always ensure that the wound is fully closed before using CICA-CARE. Do not use on open wounds, infected wounds, scabs, or over stitches.
How is CICA-CARE used and how long will it take for the scar to get better?
It can vary from person to person and from scar to scar. Some people may see an improvement in a matter of days. When used correctly, best results are seen after 2 to 4 months treatment time. For the first two days of treatment CICA-CARE should be used for 4 hours per day. For the next two days, CICA-CARE can be increased to 8 hours per day. After this, wear time should be increased by 2 hours per day until a minimum of 12 hours per day is reached. If possible, CICA-CARE should be worn 24 hours per day. This build up is necessary to get the skin accustomed to the gel sheet.
Each separate cut piece used should be cleansed twice daily and will last up to one month in use. Easy painless to remove and replace, the adhesive sheet stays in place, although a light bandage or tape may give extra help to hold it in place. The CICA-CARE adhesive gel sheet is soft, comfortable and easy to apply. It can be cut to size to fit most scars; it is durable and reusable and is ideal for either day or night use.
Is it safe to use?
CICA-CARE is non-irritating even on sensitive skin. It is safe for use on children and adults.
What if I have a skin condition, e.g. eczema, psoriasis, or acne?
Where there is broken skin, CICA-CARE should not be used.
Will it work with old scars?
CICA-CARE has been shown to be successful in improving older red and raised scars by softening, flattening and fading the color of the scar. However, results are expected to be most effective on more recent scars.
How do I know if CICA-CARE will work on my scar(s)?
The scar needs to be red and/or raised for CICA-CARE to be effective - it doesn't work on old white, flat scars.
Once CICA-CARE reduces my scar/makes it better, will the scar come back?
Bear in mind that even though there will always be some evidence of the scar, recurrence has not been reported in the majority of cases after using CICA-CARE.